Tuesday 7 December 2010

Have completed the virtual museum building... and some thoughts on collateral elearning???

What with the licencing issues that have closed down the Frank Lloyd Wright Museum in SL I wonder what implication this has for learning material and IPR and estate royalties… most of FLW designs were out of copyright.... very interesting...

I am still following my Luddite stream of criticism and investigating as to whether SL is a sensible elearning environment... Larry Cuban is helping me along as well....are we following the unproven ideas of collateral learning?  the famous 1927 picture of  teaching geography to pupils in an aeroplane in Los Angeles in Teachers and Machines  The classroom use of technology since 1920 L.CUBAN springs to mind...  ah..

I bet the kids remembered the flying experience more than airborne based physical geography, full marks for engagement though..

Heres my Museum by way of distraction: Frank Lloyd Wright eat your heart out... though it looks a bit Petts Wood on reflection...

No comments: