Wednesday 29 December 2010

Windsor Chairs and Google sketch up...

Making the chairs and embedding them as objects within second life.. this is a steep learning curve... also I am half way through a period High Wycombe furniture workshop so that the museum can connect to the workshop.

I have the Curriculum - all I need now is some You Tube video of bodging stringers, adze work on windsor chair seats and a bit of construction technique and I may get close to combining this with the Curriculum hopefully this will embed within the period chair making environment...  a screen on one wall... this is taking alot of time...

Hopefully an old friend of mine who is an awesome craftsman may have some you tube videos... fingers crossed..

heres Robins blog...  http://treewright.blogspot.com/

and rather sadly heres my attempt at a 3D Windsor chair arm in Google sketch-up... after 2 hours of twiddling..

 

No comments: