Wednesday 27 October 2010

Further to the virtual Furniture Museum

work work work... I think I can link the C&G fine furniture qualifcations  pedagogically to the Sir John Cass Foundation Chair museum via trade schools and examples of practice, The need to have an expert primary resource,  in the old days an apprenticeship was 5 years and the practical elements of contemporary furniture courses are based on less "tool" time... ho hum considering that my last module effort was maked back for too much partisan content...

Further to this, on this module Ill have 5 paymasters: Nigel Alan ( my Met tutors) John Cross (Sir John Cass Foundation) Stratford College and City & Guilds... (there are at least 4 or 5 parties here to keep happy as well..)  which doesnt bode well...

Also the upcurve on this is an enormous tech overhead in putting anything meaninful in the lovely Second Life..   (scripting language and 3D object renderers...) as I dont have a machine that works well with it Im considering spending some of my hard earned on a Net book.. oh well <second> life can only get interesting.. Im uncertain I have the ability to nail the scripting language and the content even before I have to consider pedagogical value or virtue.... and by the nature of Lindens liscencing agreement there is no universal access.. am Im not certain a film set has any pegagogical value at all... pah....

No comments: