Sunday 7 November 2010

More building more reading more issues with the isometric perspective

I am finding copying components  in the same plane seem to mysteriously go out of the plane.. also for the life of me I cannot seem to make bending tubes or get things to cut where I want them to cut.. anyway Ive nearly finished the clasic twin,  but cutting and shutting the exhaust is exhausting so I have currently given up...

Also colouring the components at the end is laborious - one can occasionally effect a global texture and colour with an extended highlight (shift mouse click) but its a bit hit and miss - also some textures dont seem to take colour well - and there doesn't seem to be a common theme....

Also more irritatingly I lost the qualities menu (with all the shape editing parameters and qualities editor)  - I thought I had minimised the menu but I hadn't... and I didn't manage to get it back... pah..  but hey heres the bike -  it wouldnt necessarily ride that straight in the real world as the frame is a bit bent.. and the wheels are not true though Its as straight as I can get currently... it will pass the SL MOT and Ill try and sell a few when theyre engined...


So to fiinish it needs the exhaust, the frame tubes need to be a bit bigger and I want it to be a duplex frame  at the front and the right hand stanchion is a bit long - it HAS got a rather nice rocker style leopard skin seat cover on it.. it has the look of a Bianchi/Terrot/Gilera and the engine looks like an OHC Jawa (though they were singles)- I want to do high level siamese exhaust and the mudguards are more valenced than I'd like - but hey - it looks like a classic twin..

No comments: